We proudly offer the most popular first aid course for individuals that work in the childcare or daycare industries. We offer standard childcare first aid combined with CPR level “B”. This is a two day course that requires 18 hours to complete. Candidates will learn skills and techniques on several different 1st aid topics and figure out basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for adult and child victims. This class is provided solely via workplace approved providers such as Toronto First Aid. To register for a standard childcare first aid course scroll to the bottom of the page to view the available courses.
Childcare First Aid Class Length
Knowledgeable, experienced and certified workplace approved first aid and CPR instructors teach this program. All of our instructors are friendly, welcoming, and patient and strive to offer the best program available.
CPR Training Included
Every standard childcare first aid must incorporate cardiopulmonary resuscitation level B education. No other level of CPR training can be included with this course and candidates cannot opt to take a stand-alone first aid course. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation level “B” instructs candidates on CPR and AED rescue strategies for adult and child subjects.
Cost of the Course
Toronto First Aid provides standard childcare first aid programs throughout Toronto for a low rate of — dollars. This is a flat rate with no hidden fees. We are committed to offering the lowest prices.
Childcare First Aid, CPR and AED Official Certification
Participants who pass the program will receive a standard childcare CPR and first aid award. This award also states training in CPR – B and certification in the usage of automated external defibrillators. This license is valid for 36 months and is provided as a card sized certificate. Participants may also acquire an 8.5″ by 11″ award if desired. The larger record has no certification significance so individuals must keep the smaller sized award to indicate training in the training course. Candidates can receive re-certification for standard childcare first aid.
Childcare CPR, AED and First Aid Content
Standard childcare first aid, CPR and AED go over many different topics that include:
- CPR for adult and child victims including obstructed airway victims.
- Education in the use of AED’s and how to implement them for patients of cardiac arrest.
- Education in prevention of shaking baby syndrome and other head injuries.
- Patient care for suspected spinal injuries and other head trauma.
- Severe and minor injuries including internal / external bleeding and bruising
- Breathing emergencies such as anaphylaxis and shock.
- Sudden medical emergencies such as seizures
- Sudden diabetic emergencies including hypo and hyperglycemia
- Circulatory emergencies including heart attacks, angina and strokes
- Environmental emergencies such as burns (includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns)
These first aid and CPR topics are explored in detail in every St Mark James standard childcare CPR, AED and first aid training we offer in Toronto. Candidates will obtain a childcare first aid and CPR book to supplement the program. This manual is yours to keep after completion of the program.
Register for a childcare first aid, CPR and AED course in Toronto now. The material and skills picked up from the class can help you be ready for almost any adult or adolescent unexpected emergency situation.