First aid is not a new topic to most of us. Also, for most of us, we know one or two first aid procedure or at least have seen someone apply a procedure on another person in need of emergency medical care. However, having a partial knowledge is not good enough. It is important to have a First Aid Certificate. You might ask why? This article discusses a few important of having the certificate.
- The training programs that offer first aid certifications follow imposed national and international regulated standards. Thus, you can be rest assured that you will be well trained in all aspects of administering first aid to patients. Though, there are various training organizations that cover various areas and topics of first aid courses and follow the international and national regulation standards thus offer certifications, there are still some that do not follow the standard regulation therefore do not offer certificates.
- First aid certification adds to your skills and experience especially to those interested in having a career in the health care industry. It can also be an added advantage to you acquiring a job by adding it your resume even if you are not interested in having a career in the health care industry. Employees see if as an added advantage hiring you because their workers need to take a first aid course anyway.
- Getting a first aid certification can be a short cut into acquiring a career in the health care industry. Some industries like those that run a water facility “swimming pool”, babysitting business and much more need employers that are certified in one first aid program or the other like: lifeguard, babysitter certification and more. Thus, earning a first aid certification can get you a job in the health care industry which by the way is in high demand and pays well too. So depending on the certification you go for, you might as well pick up a lucrative career with it. Another added point to this advantage is that you have the opportunity to grow by acquiring more certificates in the field of your choice.
- Personally, the first aid certificate gives you the confidence you need while administering first aid on a patient in need of emergency medical care especially when it is a loving one. You get to preserve the life of the patient and also prevent his or her situation from getting worse before the paramedics arrive and take the patients to a medical facility.
- The training leading to you getting the certificate also give you some skills and experience which are useful in other areas of your life apart from saving lives. The professional instructors training you on how to be controlled to control panic situations, you also acquire leadership skills amongst other skills that can be useful in your daily activities and helpful to your community.
There are more benefits you can get from acquiring a first aid certification but here are some of the most important ones to consider.